Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member- 30 yr battle with chronic pain

WaningMoonWWaningMoon Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 52 yr old Vermont woman. I have suffered with spine disease since 1979, while I was 5mo into my first pregnancy. I have been through hell. I spent 23 yrs trying to get a diagnosis. Every ER visit and doctor appt always ended with either accusing me of seeking drugs, being a hypochondriac, or saying they were sure it was not anything serious. All this coming from a strong farm woman who repeatedly had c sections with no pain meds as well as old fashioned gall bladder removal also requesting no meds due to nursing babies.

Once finally diagnosed in the mid nineties I find I have severe spinal stenosis, three herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and degenerative spine disease. I have facet joint issues, as well as complete foot drop. Constant sciatic pain and a lot of permanent nerve damage. I fall a lot because of the foot drop.

Am about at wits end painwise, thus joining this community.

I have four grown daughters and five grandchildren. I have always worked with animals. I also was an integral part of running my moms community care home, which I grew up in. We had our own Jersey dairy for many yrs. AFter that I inseminated cattle and worked with a large animal vet for some time. Am still taking care of my mare and mini donkey but find it harder all the time. But that is not something I will ever give up. I owned my mares mother as well as her grandmother who was my first horse in 1969. Nope, no amount of pain will ever change that. They will be prying them from my cold dead hands.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am an animal person myself and have done a little work with horses, so glad you dropped in!!please have a look around and make yourself at home! there is alot of information avaliable here on the forum and throughout the site, so keep your eyes open!!i am very happy to have you here and look forward to reading some of your posts!! Jenny :)