Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is there an end??

Giansilva21GGiansilva21 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi good people
My name is giovanni I am a father o three lovely boys and married to my childhood sweetheart.I have been in a bad situation for quite a while backdating as far as January 2010 but within the past three months my condition is getting very serious I am struggling to actually standing on my good leg know.In April last year I had a back decompression L4-L5 S1
And unfortunate it has not worked infect it has got worse.Since then backmin October the NHS eventually gave me another set of back injections including epidural,farcet and nerve blocks,again after injections I reacted badly but I saw my surgeon a short while after and he told me that he had no choice but to give me a 360 fusion operation but in November he and his team where leaving the NHS and that he would try his best to put me under good care.It is now Febuary and last Saturday The Barts and The London Hospital contacted me to say I am down for surgery next Tuesday coming and could I go in for my pre-op and then two days later come and meet the consultant.I have done both of those but at the meeting with my consultant I found that he had no scans or any information on me but yet was going to cut me open a few days after.One interesting thing come out of this meeting and that was that the only reason I had been called in is because the NHS had my sell by date approaching this meant that if they did not do any kind of surgery to me they would receive a money fine!! How discusting they treat us humans worse than animals.!!

• Hi, sounds like you are in the UK. I think there are a few on here that can give you tips on navigating the healthcare system there.

I would be suspicious of someone wanting to operate without any pre-work done. As you say, they are going in blind on what they will find. At least with an MRI or XRay they have some idea.

Also, why a 360 fusion vs. just a TLIF/PLIF? 360 is a big deal.

I hope you are taking your time on this decision.
    Good luck.
  • Hey how you doin!!
    I'm in the uk not far from London.My wife has put in a formal complaint but the NHS are discusting they never get back to you,but we will see.Just aswell I have been seeing another surgeon at the countries best orthopaedic hospital in stanmore and on the 1st of March They want me to go in to have some more injections I know they are going to be a waist of time because I've had 14 and every time I've ended up in a worse condition but the surgeon wants to get an idea of where he is dealing with.But how are you and where a bouts are you from and is your health any better.