Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

newbie need Dr near Orlando

olsoneagleoolsoneagle Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Spinal Stenosis
HI first post here. Just drove here from northern Mi. Have had stenosis etc for 10 years. I think the drive set me back 10 years to when I first herniated a disc. Have "dodged" surgery because my OS is a conservative guy and because I work out regularly. He did just do a total knee replacement on me 7 weeks ago so that is not helping.

Have been to good chiropractor twice and had a deep massage in last 5 days since getting here. Thought I could get out of this once again,but it is really getting worse and I have nerve pain in the leg with the new knee!!!
Thinking I may benefit from epidurals or facet injections. I also might like to see good OS. Questions: Anyone know of good pain Dr for injections near Orlando --Ocoee actually--and also good Orth. surgeon.
Have Googled and found Florida Hospitals. Called and they have Dr.s ABC(sp) and XYZ for pain injections. I may call Monday.
Also saw in internet search Dr ABC who is with FL Hospitals. I think he specializes in "minimally invasive" surgery which my Dr at home kind of "dismisses"
Anyway, need some advice on best people to see down here and also any opinions on the laser or minimally invasive.
Really would appreciate some help. Its hard being in a new place and having no idea who to call. I plan on being here until May 1. I could even have surgery here but will try to avoid in as hard as I can. It may be inevitable. I am 70 year old guy with a lot of miles on my body. Would sure like to be able to somewhat enjoy my 3 months down here. Have 4 grand kids nearby that I'd like to take to Disney. I would not last 10 minutes trying to walk around there.
Sorry for long post but I need a lot of help!

Post edited. Forum rules prohibit the naming of specific doctors.
Post Edited by Authority Member Liz

• I see that my post was edited and took out Drs names. Guess I understand that. Can you get names by direct email?
    If so mine is removed
    Would really appreciate getting the names of some good Os's and Pain Drs.

Email address removed for member safety. Please send Private Message for correspondence

Post edited by Moderator haglandc
  • looks like I will not get any help on this site in finding some back medical references in Orlando. Anyone know of a better back forum where I might get some help?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    rules or do not read the FAQ and other introduction will not get much use out of this forum or any other forum site.

Using this site, Find a Doctor feature, I was able to pull up close to 20 that may be of value to you in the Orlando area, plus Spine-Institutes, plus listing for cities and towns near Orlando.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Are you still looking for help for your back?