Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SImmetry implants, anyone?

nikinniki Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Hello. I had a bilateral fusion performed this summer. My right side was done in June and my left was done in August. I have the ifuse implants, two in each si joint. My left side feels good. I'd say it's about 90% there and keeps feeling better. My right side, however, is still hurting - a lot. A CT scan showed my bone was not closing around one of the implants and I've been wearing a bone growth stimulator for three months now. I had a horrible flare up that began last week and resulted in another scan. In addition to the lack of bone growth, the lower implant is also not as far into the joint as originally thought. My surgeon is looking into two possible options: a third ifuse implant placed below the other two and inserting it at steeper angle or a new procedure called the SImmetry implant from Zyga Technologies. He's getting back to me in a week with more details, but has anyone had this procedure, or know anyone who has? There is very little that I can find. I'm interested because it is supposed to be weight-bearing immediately after surgery. Has anyone gone back in fsor another ifuse. I'm interested in any info or similar experiences. My other fear is that I may have to put it off because of benefits at work. I can't lose my job or step down to a lower position, but I'm worried about what putting the surgery off might do. I apologize if this is scattered, but I'm very upset by all of this and I don't have anyone else to go to with this. Thanks for all of your time.

• hello, i can not give you a great success story...yet.

i had the ZYGA screws installed bilaterally at the end of january, i walked out of the surgical center and am able to get around pretty well.

the screws are well made and are securing my joints well at the moment, i dont get the same pain or popping i used to get so i would recommend them for sure from a mechanical standpoint.

i am at 9 weeks on the left side & 8 weeks on the right & dont have any bone growth yet :( im a 37yo male in excellent shape, non smoker & wearing bone stimulator 24/7. i started PT last week and i came on here to read about bone growth.

so...at the moment if i had to do it again i would do ZYGA screws again, hope this helps
  • And this implant goes where again? I am confused at the moment where and what level these are used or what levels you guys have had this done,? Is this for the hip? Or the spine itself?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Ok nevermind i see its the si joint got it, Sow whats the diference of the ifuse implant and the other slimmetry implant?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,