Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Troubled

julie47jjulie47 Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:00 AM in Depression and Coping
I have been unemployed just over 3 years now. Between that and my back problems, it seems to get harder and harder to carry on with life.

I am depressed and I long for the days when my back and body were "normal". Not sure what that even means anymore. I am restricted to lifting a maximum of 8-10 pounds. All my exercise has to be done in the pool, just like I am a damn fish or something.

Please forgive me for venting. Sometimes it helps.

Amy

1978: Harrington rod surgery for scoliois T5-L1
2005: Micro discectomy L4-L5
2009: Fusion surgery for grade 1 spondy: L4-S1

ongoing concerns with sciatica and bi-lateral hip bursitis
advertisement

Comments

• I am same boat as you so vent away all you want.

Jim
  • Julie / Jim,

I think we all feel the same way. That is one great thing about this website. You can vent all you want. We ALL have been there or are there. I equate my Pain Game from a Spring Shower Day to a Tsunami Day. In between, my boat rocks in so many different directions that I don't know if I am in the boat riding the waves or a floundering fish in the waves trying to get of the way of the boat. When the good days come, I relish every second. After 6 years of rowing this boat with one oar, I try to take it one day at a time. Fortunately my pain mgmt dr and I have found a med combo (after about 9 months) that gives me relief to the point that I can function somewhat at a normal level. Still have to stop and think about what I am doing and going to do. I don't always do that and DO I pay for it. I am so grateful to have this site to come to and talk, vent, and even research things. Others comments have helped. Stay strong and scream if you need to. We'd like to hear about the good things too.
    Rassy

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.