Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

saw the neurologist today

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well i spent almost two hours talking to my neurologist today.Explaining about the twist my leg makes when i walk and the spasms that my spine goes into, they did a nerve conduction test there before i saw her and the technician explained to me that not the leg that twists but the other one has much lower numbers. My neurologist has decided to send me for an mri on my brain to make sure that there isn't anything there causing all of my problems. She also changed my medication for the muscle spasms, she seemed concerned about the spasming on my spine. So now i'm just waiting for the mri date and hoping that everything in my brain is perfectly fine.

• I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. My spine has deteriorated since my cervical fusion a year ago and I am still having some of the same symptoms and some new ones. I get spine muscle spasms that can make me feel nauseous in my upper thoracic.

How long have you been having these symptoms? My hips are out of alignment and my right leg is hiked up so I am lopsided. I have pains all over and not really sure if the surgery was a good call. Only time will tell.

Wishing you much luck that there's nothing negative on your MRI of the brain. Keep us posted!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • thank you!
    I've been getting the spinal spasms since the beginning of the summer.They get severe and my muscles hurt so badly because of them,i'm just praying right now that the mri doesn't show anything that points to MS.

• I have been wondering how you got on or even if you have had your MRI scan of your brain yet.

I have just been referred for an urgent brain MRI scan and appointment with a neurologist by my Pain Consultant. He wants to rule out MS and some other rare neurological disorders that he hasn't named.

Before this the different neurosurgeons that I have seen have said that my cervical problems are what is causing my sytmptoms. I have spondylosis throughout my neck causing nerve root compression and cord compression at 2 levels. A 2 level ACDF has been suggested. First we need to make sure that it is all coming from my neck and that it isn't some other condition causing some of the symptoms.

I also get involuntary stiffening spasms in my legs and feet and sometimes in my abdomen which cause my back to arch up. My right foot turns inwards strongly during the spasms, and now in a relaxed position it turns inwards slightly.

I hope that the news you got/will get will be the easiest to plan treatment for.

• boy you were right when you said that our symptoms are similar.I guess i'll find out soon if it is MS. but i'm not going to worry about it until i have to.I know that cervical problems can cause a hole merriad of neurological problems as well. I had so many neurological symptoms before my surgery and it was all because of my spine problems.So hopefully i'm still dealing with spinal issues.