Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Understanding My Myelogram Report

tlwelch63ttlwelch63 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had neck surgery in 2008 after not totally fusing in over a year, I had a cervical myelogram w/ct scan and was diagnosed with OPLL plus disc issues and was told I had a spine like an old person and I am in my 40's, with Disc Degenerative Disease. I had a second surgery in 2009 so between the two surgeries I had anterior corpectomy of the C5-C7 vertebral bodies. Metallic cage (strut) is in place plate and screws of the C4 and T1 vertebral bodies. Posterior fusion transverse pins through the spinous processes of C4-T1 which are connected by a single metallic suture.

About 6 months ago I started having a lot of BURNING in the middle of my spine, and would have tingling/numbing going from the right of my spine towards my right shoulder. This would be periodic, now it is constant. I have had lower back pain that would radiate to my hip but has become quite frequent and very painful, so went back to my neurosurgeon (was supposed to go back yearly because of the OPLL) but didn't..... he ordered a complete Myelogram this time. I would like some help understanding my report. I go for my follow up but like to have some understanding before my appointment.

"At the T8-T9 level, there is a small left paracentral disc protrusion. This extends from about 1:00 to 230. There is only mild effacement of the thecal sac.
L1-L2, L2-L3, Mild Facet hypertrophy and arthropathy are present

L3-L4 level, there is a mild anterior extradural defect upon the thecal sac. Axial images show mild bulging of the annulus fibrosis. Mild facet hypertrophy and arthropathy are present, and there is the thickening of the ligamentum flavum.

L4-L5 level, a mild anterior extradural defect is present upon the thecal sac. Axial images show moderate diffuse bulging of the annulus fibrosis and a small central disc protrusion. Mild bilateral posterior lateral extradual defects are present due to facet hypertrophy and arthropathy, and thickening of the ligament flavum.

L5-S1 Mild facet hypertrophy and arthropathy are present."

Could someone give me a little understanding?