Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does Anyone

julie47jjulie47 Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Depression and Coping
Does anyone have depression to the degree that you want to go back to bed right after you finish breakfast??

I am in that situation. Don't like to run errands. some days don't even want to get dressed.

• I don't now, but I have, and I know other people who have. If you are in pain, pain and depression can feed on each other. Get some help if you can with the depression.

Take care,

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Make a gratitude list and look at anything you can find positive, even if it is your eyes and what you ate for breakfast. It does help. Sometimes when I think I am depressed, i am grieving. I do understand the dynamic of not wanting to go out. I forced myself to go to the library, will watch a funny movie. There will be better days.

prayer has a lot of power. We are meant to feel joy, sometimes it is hard to find it, sometimes when I allow my self to just BE, nothing else, and know I am a beautiful spirit with love to give, I am OK. Nothing stays the same.

With love,
    Leila deurell
  • I find often ,, that I catch my self in the mood .

I don't want anything or anybody around . but isolation is bad also.

My reccomendation is rest and repeat forum .