Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No relief from medication anymore...suggestions????

Jasminesmom1985JJasminesmom1985 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Pain Management
Hello everyone...this is actually my first time posting. I have questions related to medication and injections. I've had 3 epidural injections and 2 blocks done, but still haven't had any relief from any of those. Aside from doing that I have had 24 visits of physical therapy and I use my Tens Unit along with a heating pad when I'm not using the Tens Unit. At my last injection appointment I talked with my pain management dr while i was waiting and told her that the pain medication wasn't working anymore so she said when I come back for my visit on March 1 she was going to change my medicine around because the Norco may not be the right choice for me. I'm currently taking Norco 10/325mg 4x/daily, Mobic 15mg/daily along with using Lidocaine 5% ointment PRN.I have been on the Norco since July 2011. I also asked about them burning my nerves, but she said they usually won't do that unless the injections help somewhat? So, I guess my question would be has anyone else experienced anything similar to this and does anyone have any idea as to what she may change my medication to? I'm just really up in the air with all of this. I just know I'm so tired of being sick and tired with the pain all of the time. It's just got to the point where it is unbearable and I essentially don't have a life anymore which is really sad considering I am only 27 yrs old and the proud mother of a 6 year old daughter. Thank you to anyone for any suggestions or even any insight at all into my situation. Sorry for being so long:)

• there are other drugs available and that's all i am aloud to say .but you doctor will help you
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • There are still many options open to you. Lidocaine and Mobic are pretty tame pain medications. The doctor may also choose to try Lyrica instead of Norco to see if there is any difference at all.

Based on what information you've provided, I would guess that your PM will find a treatment for you that will provide relief.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • As someone who has had 5 epidurals and a rhizotmy (where they burned my nerves) all i can say is that if after a couple injections you do not feel better, dont allow yourself to be pushed into more of them, as i did.

Unfortunately it led to a hemi laminectomy and 2 lumbar fusions (posterior and anterior)

PT and yoga are the keys to my successful rehab and i would reccomend the yoga part.