Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SMART Goals.

JohnJJohn Posts: 964
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Pain Management
Our residential PM said our goals needed to be SMART.

Time Bound.

Many more ideas on the net.

Take care, John

What are your goals ?

• tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
    edited 08/10/2012 - 3:32 PM
    Good thing for everyone to think about, as everyone needs to have goals, no matter what your health is like, or economic position in life. But many times you will also see this on your doctors forms, so something to think about.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,862
    He may not make a lot of posts, but whenever he starts a thread or makes a post, it is always worth reading, perhaps several times.

Goals are so very important. For me, my biggest goal is to help others. At this point in my life, I really dont worry that much about the pain and discomfort. Its there, always there, just doing things to keep it manageable. But to make a difference in someone else's life, to me, that is a goal
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • anelsen15anelsen15 Posts: 119
    edited 08/11/2012 - 9:15 PM
    Dont know much better goal than helping others. Ive been forced to give up my volunteer work with foster children, but I got to be selfish for a moment and help myself first or I wont be much good to the little ones. Its just like at work, I want and could do so much more if I was not this way. Thats been tough, I hate to focus on myself, Id rather spend everything I make on others rather than give it to these doctors and treatments for myself. I would like to get back to volunteering with children, thats my goal even though I cant reach them near the way I used to when I was a big kid ( without pain ) and could play sports, etc with them. My signiture got erased ,but the quote below is so relevant cause you can change generations by steering a child in right direction while they are young.

" One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was,
    the type of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...
    ...but the world might be different because I was important in the life of a Child..."

Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar