Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Beebop53BBeebop53 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,

I am a 58 year old female with 2 lumber spine surgeries and still in cronic pain. I am hoping for some relief, I am thinking about having a spinal cord stimulator implanted and hoping for some feedback from other who have had this done. Pros and cons and hoping the pros outweigh the cons for some relief.

• Hi Beebop :wave: & welcome to SH :)

Once you get the feel of things here I am sure you will as many others have find this to be a great place of support & information.

If I were you I would make a new post (in a new thread) & make the subject line something like "opinions on SCS wanted - new here" or something like that ;)

There are several people here who have them & a few who had them and no longer do for different reasons. I am sure you will find the info you are looking for.

I know zip, zero, nada about them myself ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we are very close in age so i wanted to say hello even though i can't help you with any answers on the SCS..there are people on the forum that use them, i am sure you will hear from some of them!! being in the same age group,i can releate to alot of the things that are beginning to happen to our bodies as we are aging snd being pain patients on top of that!! good luck with your search for pain relief! Jenny :)