Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New medicine for back pain

omkar12omkar12 Posts: 40
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Pain Medications
you know any new and effective medicine to cure back pain? Is it medicine is effective for a long time? Where it will get?

• Yes of course. We are the only ones who know about it, Its top secret! If we told you we would have to kill you!

We also know who killed JFK.

Not only that. The Roswell Alien incident report, The real one is under my couch,

Ok i said too much already, Your not with the Russian kgb are ya?

You ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer my friend!

Ask your dr he should know dont you think!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • a wee bit rude you guys, don't you think? :( by the looks of this person's writing i am assuming that english is not omkar's first language.

so anyway onkar, as alex said, a good place to start would be to ask your doctor. you can also do some searches online because there are a number of classes of drugs that are effective with back pain and associated pains like sciatica.

as for myself, i am taking a few anti-seizure medications that are used for epilepsy. it might seem odd for back pain, but it is also used for people who have sciatica. basically the medication slows down the conduction of nerves that are misfiring or overfiring due to disease or injury.

some people, including myself also take drugs from a class of mood disorder medication, called anti-depressants, which are used for depression.

there are also prescription opiods, that are strong pain killers.

anyway, that's what i can think of for now. look up some of these things online. for example, searcching anti-depressants and back pain together. i hope this helps. :)
  • English is not my 1 st language either so i took that in to consideration,

My mother speaks bad english, My dad always spoke bad english, So if there was any kind of inteligent question in there somewhere i would of made it out.

So the question becomes is there a medication that not only helps back pain but can cure it as if there was such thing! And where to get this medicine as if there was some secret society holding this magic cure makes the question not realistic,

So my Sarcastic responce is not at all because a language barrier!

Every country knows the word Dr for its pronounced prety much the same in many countries and every country has dr,s and everyone knows medications come from Dr,s who prescribe them,

Unless it was something outside of medicine such as natural herbs and such it all leads back to medical Dr in every language,

So taking all that in to consideration and question not at all realistic my answer was just as unrealistic. Lol. I dont see it as rude,

I am aware we are international and people come here from all around the world with english not being there 1 st language and i had the pleasure to speak with many on here and happy to sort out through there language barrier in there typing for a do it dailey with family and friends from european countries,

So hopefully Omkar can give a more detail information on medical situation he or she is in even if its not perfect english ,so we can give some inteligent advise and help in some way,

My specialty is bad english, Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Omkar, unfortunately there is no medicine to cure back pain. Depending on conditions some medicines may provide some kind of relief. Some kind of back pain goes away by its own while medication makes the process more endurable. Some other kind doesn't and more invasive procedures may be needed.

So, there is no other way to let a Dr to examine you and hopefully you'll get an accurate diagnosis.
  • Hi babyruth,
    Thanks for your advice. Thanks that you can understand my feelings. I am not doing any time pass but I am seriously suffering from back pain and that's why I need help from you guys. I will definitely concern my doctor and try to get a best advice from him.
  • Your question is not stupid like Alex so rudely said!! Let me apologise for his rudeness if he will not.

The most effective medication we have for pain are opioits(sp?), like morphine and oxycontin to name a couple. But like all medications they only last a few hours.

I agree with babyruth, there are other medications used for pain but were developed for an intirelly different health problem. But those can have very bad side effects for some people, including me.

How long have you been in pain? Did you injure yourself someway?

Best of luck to you and yes, talk to your Doctor about this.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • Patsy sorrry you feel its rude but on the flip side asking where to get medication is more rude then my responce to the question,

Further more as we know there is no pain medication that cures back issue other then just helps the pain makes that part not a realistic question,

So i dont feel i was rude at all. I asked the person to describe and give some medical history so we might get a beter unserstanding of this person pain issue,

As i see now he says here he has pain issue but on the other post he admits its not him but his uncle that has pain issues after Ron asked him for some history same as i have!

He was advised to have his uncle go see a dr because we have no idea what his uncle spine condition realy is so no way we can help just by him making random posts and having not enough information,

So why on this post he claims its him with pain and next post its not realy him you guys do the math!

I dont mind answering to legitimate questions with a legitimate answer when i see and feel its for a legitimate purpose!

If you look at the next post where Ron responded to him you might understand,

I am not here to be rude to anyone if i see they are sincerely honest and need our help!
    2012 scs implant ,
  • hi patwhite101,
    Thanks for your advice it will really helpful to control the backpain of my uncle. I know I have not given you the full information but how can I tell you that how my uncle is feeling after the pain. last 6 months he is suffering from this problem. I just want to help him. I will definitely take him to a very good doctor.
  • why is anyone still answering this persons posts? He/she has lied about who is supposedly in pain. Has almost no info on this so called uncle. If I had to guess, this so called uncle doesn't even exist. It is probably just someone seeing if they can have a little fun and get us to waste our time feeling sorry for them. I don't know if this person has broken any forum rules, but I would assume impersonating someone else has to be against the rules. My suggestion is that Okmar please quit wasting our time or at least have some valid question to help a real person that has a real ailment.
  • Regardless of the validity or lack there of in regards to the OP, there is no tolerance for attacking other members. Since this thread has done more to pit member against member than to help answer or support another, it is now closed.