Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A lot of Frustration that lead to depression

StarrylizardSStarrylizard Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Depression and Coping
In the past two years I quit my job to take care of my father whom (I lived with along with my husband) died 7 months later which happened to be my 7th year wedding anniversary. Not long after bank kicked us out. So we found an apartment to live. I got a job at a factory but 6months later I got fired due to downsizing and 19 days later I was in a car accident that I ended up with a herniated my L5 S1. Since I have been unable to work due to the pain in my legs and back my husband’s job didn’t pay enough to keep up on the rent and utilities we were evicted. That left us living with friends for 6 months then my friend , husband and I were kicked out by the other friend that lived there (because he knocked up his girlfriend and his girlfriend wanted everyone out of the house). With pain management‘s steroid injections which were utterly torture and now ALIF back surgery only 2 weeks ago. I live with my mother while my pets are left in elsewhere. This is all less than 2 years. I feel utterly drain depressed and highly stressed. My husband is trying to get us into a house in less than 2 weeks. Not to mention I’m a student and finals are next week as I had to miss out 2 weeks of school for my surgery. While I also quit smoking 4 weeks ago. I am just happy to vent this frustration out for other people just to know.

• and concerned that you will need a lot of support after you ALIF .i have had one 8 weeks ago and let me tell you they are hard work to recover from ,the last thing you need is an unstable environment to recover in as your recovery will be long and hard .i know i am doing it
    i hope that you can find suitable accommodation as you wont want to be worried about your home safety .the ALIF is a very draining operation and you will be staggered at just how week you will be after the operation .you will need a warm comfy safe environment and remember your recovery will take many months even years and again remember its a repair and you back {even if a successful outcome }will never be a good as it was when it was healthy so you will need to take extra care about it .sorry again if you want any more advice about the operation please feel free to contact me and also maybe reading my experience on various post may give you some idea of what recovery is like .
    its been 8 weeks and yet again i have had 2 hours sleep and i am up again in the middle of the night in pain
    tony }UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014