Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

advice please

eagle1981eeagle1981 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in New Member Introductions
hi everyone,

I am a new member and have been suffering from back pain from around July last year and would be glad of some advice.

I am usually fine throughout the day and would have little or no pain but when I go to bed it is a different story. I am fine for the first few hours but would usually awaken around 5 or 6 in the morning with back pain. It tends to be around the middle and top of my back usually and around the spine rather than the lower back. No matter what way I seem to sleep or turn it does not really relieve the pain. When I get up and move about the pain goes away after about five or ten minutes.

I have been seeing a chiropractor since September and have changed my mattress thinking that it was that but it has not helped. I do not do any exercise which I am guessing is not good for my back either.

I am male and am 30 years old. I guess I am looking for some advice as I want to get back to getting good nights sleep and cannot understand why this pain is only happening at night!!!

Please help.

Thank you

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Sorry about your nighttime pain.

I have no idea about the cause, since I am not a doc or in medical field..or evn understand my own stuff.

It seem since you have been in pain since July, it might be time to see a medical doc to get your spine checked out.

Hopefully, you will find answers and pain relief soon.

Keep in touch!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. can't tell you what is wrong either!! if you are concerned,please see a doctor!!have a look aroud and make yourself at home.. good luck in your pain search! stop by the forum anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi eagle 1981 :H ,

Welcome aboard! Sorry about your unwanted "wake up call (|: ". I agree with Savage and Jenny. Pain that has gone on that long, especially that disrupts one's sleep should be investigated. Your body is not getting the proper kind of rest it needs if your sleep is interrupted on a continuous basis. That is the way our bodies REALLY heal ... when we are in that deep sleep mode. This, according to my pain management doctor and staff, but I have always felt this way too. Give yourself some peace of mind. Maybe time to seek an opinion your medical doctor.

Again, welcome to the forum. Please stop back and let us know what you find out and how you are doing. Gerat website with lots of great people. I am very glad I found!

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.