Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic low back pain

fsrvivalffsrvival Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions

I'm 68, female, and have experienced sporadic bouts of low back pain for 35 years.

At this point, I'm here to lurk and learn. I'll find my way around with your search tool. Thank you all, past and present, for providing me with this resource.

• Welcome,

Back pain is pesky indeed. But welcome.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have been suffering for a very long time..relax for a while, have a look around and make yourself at home here! we are a very friendly group of spineys!! good luck as you search for pain relief! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi fsrvival :H ,

Welcome to the forum. Alway nice to have new members with new thoughts and ideas. Great place to search and learn. Lots of articles etc. I call this site my lifeline to the outside world. I don't drive much and when I do it's not often, not far, and not for a long time :))) . Everyone here very friendly and very helpful. If any of us can give a hand, let us know, either by posting on the forum board or by PM (Private Message). Again, welcome aboard!

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    35 yrs. is a long time to put up with anything! We're glad you decided to come in. I hope you get the information you need.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • HI :wave: & welcome to SH

wow 35 yrs. so sorry to hear that.

I hope we get to know you better :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Welcome to the group,but sorry you need to be here.Wow, 35 years!

Can you tell us a little more about yourself. Do you have a diagnosis for your lowerback pain? What things have you tried to get some relief?

Look forward to hearing more from you

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi,

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Over the years, I have tried chiropractic, pain pills, exercise, heat, ice and back braces of different sorts.

Yesterday it was near to impossible, but I had a doctor's appointment and had to walk. So I suited up with my "industrial strength" back brace and set off. I took a fair amount of codeine yesterday. Got a good sleep last night.

This morning it's not acute but still ache-y. I'm doing gentle stretches and hoping to avoid codeine today. I'll try a bit of heat and/or ice this morning, too.
  • hello, and welcome :)

This is definitely the best site for info and support. If you can't find what you're looking for in an article, there's a very active group of folks who have "been there and done that" to answer your questions.

One of the most valuable things I've found about this site is the variety of viewpoints. Something you or your doctor might not have thought of, so feel free to share your diagnosis. You never know where a new idea might come from.