Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic pain and stress

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Chronic Pain
Chronic pain and stress just do not go together.
Chronic pain is stressful.
And stress can turn a decent day into a day filled with pain.
I'm dealing with trying to sell the house I love up in the mountains. And buying one down here in the valley. Due to my health. And it's just not fair to my wife.
at any rate it's stressful. And that's causing me more pain today. :''(
And to top it off, I was on the phone with a dell tech that I couldn't understand for 4 hrs. X(
Oh well what would I do with a good day anyway?
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• It's amazing how much our emotions will affect our pain. When I am laughing or involved in an activity that I love....time will pass and my pain is pushed to the side...Let the endorphins flow!

But yes...when faced when doing tedious tasks, or things that make us sad, or angry....then stress can seem to add a lot more pain. We FEEL it much more during this time...Our bodies get into knots....literally....Our stomachs can ache....literally....

It stinks!!!

I have to say this is where I rely on my faith and Let Go, Let God....I try to do all that I can in any situation...and then let it go.

Or after a task that is daunting or frustrating...than I will deliberately save some of my favorite tv shows on the dvr to watch so that I can get lost in watching...or laugh so hard to make my face hurt...in a GOOD way! LOL

I'm sorry to hear about having to move...It's so difficult when we have to arrange our lives around our chronic pain. And I dare say in the long run it may be better for you both to do this...but I can't imagine it seems that way now....

And blechhhh.....it is just plain awful to have those tech calls that take forever and have the language barriers...

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you!
  • I noticed myself i cant handle stress any more, Pain becomes 10 times as bad and not worth it! I akways knew some people who never stressed over anything and never knew how the heck they can be so layed back,

Now i realised especialy with pain layed back and stress free is the only way to be,
    Very hard to do most of the time but have to stay cool as pain is bad enough as it is and dont need stress on top of it,

New place to live is a new start jim, You guys will do fine i am sure,

Thinking of doing the same here soon cause i cant do all this work around house much longer ,

I think change is good and would of hapened in time anyways maybe not as soon as it is but would of hapened,

Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    Even people who do not have any medical problems can suffer as a result of stress. Our bodies react in a negative way when it comes to stress.

So , if a perfectly healthy person can develop some medical issues due to stress, just think what it can do to us!

Selling a house is enough stress for anyone. And as you stated, this is the right thing to do for your wife. But, I know underneath, you wish there was a way to stay up in the mountains, in a place you so love. Then again, when it comes to making a choice between what we love and who we love, Jim, I already know where you mind is. You are a good good person.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi Jim,
    I'm sad that you have to sell your mountain home. Perhaps you can find a nice place all one level. Then rent place once in awhile in mountains.
    Oh and the techs wow I have gone thru the roof (stress)with those techs. I love getting one on phone that has huge accent and has like easy name as Jim. haha sorry tryin make ya smile. Reminds me of a movie I saw about out sourcing. can't think if thats the name.
    Anyways there goes my brain off topic.
    It is hard to avoid the stress these days, I am not able to work, don't qualify for ssdi and we have 2 cars and still in our home so they say to much to get ssi. We are going to have to move asap also in a month we loose health insurance.
    So I understand stress, all this has put me into deep depression, stressed way over the top. And feel so bad for my hubby,son. They bring me up tea, meals as most days I haven't been able to do my huge stairs. If I could have kept working none of this would be happening to my family.
    Most ppl have normal daily stress, as my hubby hates traffic and complains, when I hear families daily complaints I keep thinking wow I would love to be able get out and drive. Sitting is my worse position, and standing doesn't leave much.
    Our stress is I believe the worse we are filled with guilt on top of pain, the stress of not being able to do things. It is pure hell this pain we live with.
    I hate to say it but I do agree with Alex (jk alex) a new start is a positive thing. My hubby has seen me at my worst and hasn't left me (yet) And without work he has been so stressed. But he is trying to look forward to a new start. Down sizing from a 3story home, trying get rid of things is very stressful. I would pack one bag in a minute if I could leave this house, and find new one. one level no work around it. thats my goal.
    I hope things settle down for you. And your house sells fast.
    >:D< mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Well they kind of go hand in hand, the pain causes stress. Not to mention if you are juggling working to try and keep benefits, insurance every decicison is like life or death.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
This discussion has been closed.