Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T7-t8 disc bulging

MrshaunMMrshaun Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I have tried a chiropractor for two months, physical therapy for two months. Little to no relief with either. Now the spinal doctor wants me to go to a pain mgnt clinic for injections. Will this help or make it worse. This is from a car accident on 8-24-2011. I have moderate to severe pain around my shoulder blades all day long and the only thing that works for pain is flexeril, which knocks me out..

• Welcome to spine health.

I completely understand, I have similar issues click on my name for full details.

Pain Management has been a life saver for me. The injections are both treatment and diagnostic. Good PM clinics also have better ideas on meds like long acting pain medications. You may find that is is something you can live with a lot easier with PM in your life. My CLINIC has a host of various kinds doctors who specialize in Pain Management that work at the clinic this is not a PILL MILL.

My accident was 4/27/2010 about 7-8 weeks after being released from my ACDF C5-6-7. Not only was my neck fusion delayed but my thoracic was damaged. I considered thoracic fusion last year but wasn't sure it would really get all my levels. It turns out my worst looking disc was not my worst pain generator so the fusion level the NS recomended wouldn't have saved me any pain, This is where the injections come in.

I just had a nerve block esi at T4/5/6 and found this area completley killed my pain when it was blocked. I am looking at the Spinal Cord Stimulator/Dorsal Column Stimulator- hoping to get a trial planned within the next couple of weeks. Between my health insurance and the auto insurance I have bills coming out the ying yang and no one is paying nothing. We are about to settle so my primary will have to start covering me again.

Feel Better,

• Hello MrShaun, I have been dealing with pain that has been a bit of a mystery for doctors to pinpoint. (click on my name for details) I got new scans a week ago and the doctor decided to try an oral steroid before going forth with the injection to see if it would make a difference. Well, after only two days, I feel like a new person! I can sit up straight, turn my head and neck, use my left arm and lift things.....all things that caused me sharp pain for the past four years. I can breathe deep! It is wonderful. I cannot wait to get the actual injection! I say go for it! Don't suffer unnecessarily! Good luck!!