Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 weeks back to work/3 months post 4 level fusion

DaveDDDaveD Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all,

Just a update on my return to work after 4 level fusion. Great to be back I am a trainer for my company so I spend most of my time giving power point presentations. I've been back for 3 weeks and noticed that after about 4 hours the nerve pain in both my arms and shoulders just explodes, I was quite perplexed at first but realized it is a direct result of my laptop and the position I use it in, at least I think it is.

So I'm going to buy a roll around adjustable table and see how it goes, the original pain is pretty much gone but the nerve pain is a bit un-nerving (pun intended). Overall I'm quite pleased and if this pain goes away as I hope it will than I can claim success. I drive 5 hours each way when I go to my training center, this was a cause of considerable pain but now is done pain free, so I'm confident that as the nerves continue to heal things will be even better.

Hopefully this will bring some comfort to those in a similar situation and/or place in their journey through cervical spine issues. It does get better.

Good luck to all and keep the faith, God does not give us more than we can handle because he is always with us!

• Glad to hear how well you are doing after a four level fusion. Great that you took the time to post a positive experience. This will help others who are contemplating a similar surgery.

Continued success to you. Hope that the nerve pain settle down for you.

Wow...5 hour drive each way...could not imagine driving that...ouch!

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012