Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stenosis and rods moving around all cause pain

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Chronic Pain
just a quick quesiton
i have been having pain for 10 years but the last year it is increasing. pain goes from butt to just above the knee and i can't walk more than 50 yards without having to stop due to pain. I also bend over when i walk, all classic symptoms of stenosis. surgeon says stenosis on mri does not seem that severe but that does not mean it is not painful. also no herniation from disc but he thinks the metal on the L3 is loose and moving around which mimics sciatica. had x-rays to check the disc, bend over and see spine bent on x-rays. anyone else have had these issues with back? i go in to see him today and will get reading on x-rays. anyone else have had dr state stenosis is not that bad but have extreem pain while walking? please let me know
take care
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• Oh yes, I have heard that one too. I have had chronic lower back pain for over 30 years and eight spinal surgeries. I have had instrumentation loosen up and that is a gosh awful sensation. I also had a cage tilt and rotate four weeks post op. The surgeon had not used any support instrumentation. Now that was painful!!! What burned me up was that the surgeon lied after taking xrays and said there was no problem. He couldn't make eye contact with me durring that appt. so I had my primary doc get a copy of the xray and the radiology report. There it was!!!!! I am pretty much wheelchairbound now as any movement is really painful. What did the surgeon have to say today? Best wishes.
  • my dr now wants am evaluation on my hip. they took x-rsys on hip and there are some abnormalities on it so i am now to see an ortho surgeon to check out hip. imho i don't think it is hip. the pain is just like a herniated disc but he says there are none shown just the metal on my last fusion that is not stable. i also complained about my walking etc and he still stated that the stenosis is not that bad. go figure. so now i will have hip checked and then go back to back guy and see what is next. i still think it is the unstable disc. my disc is not on the other disc, there is a big portion that is rubbing against the disc above it.. i think this is causing pain and problems walking. we will see
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
This discussion has been closed.