Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Helpful link for disc herniations

advertisement

Comments

• I am sorry for breaking the rules but after searching thecal sac, I saw post asking same question. I then googled thecal sac and found the aforementioned web site fairly easy. I felt people could find good advice from it. Do you have a link on spine health that has that information please. I am new so please forgive any ignorance on my part. Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,615
    Welcome to S.H. .... You can enter any term in the blue search box at the top of the page. It will return information from within SH and other sources ... you can sub search for SH physician articles or within the forums.

Again Welcome.

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • I did enter in blue box and found more questions like this one.

July 9, 2011 - 9:01pm
    clsmeeks
    Send PM
    Add buddy
    complete effacement of the thecal sac in cervical spine
    can anyone give me some info on this and can it cause further problems if not taken care of thanks in advance
    Joe
    Ultimately that is unfortunately a patient to doctor direct question.

It would not be fair to you to provide an answer to how much or what degree of Thecal Sac effacement or compresion should be tolerated or of concern as I and most on the forum are not spine trained physicians that could review your case and provide any direct answers.

General answers about the subject can be found on spine health search and via other internet searches as you have already discovered.

Sorry for the "non-answer" answer.

Good luck to you sir!

d

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • If that was a patient to doctor question then why did they ask for advice from anyone? I did not try to answer any questions, all I did was post a link I found on what the thecal sac was and what I thouht were important questions to ask your Dr or surgeon. The main reason I pasted the link was because of advice given to help people decide if surgery was best course. I did not ask for any advice on that post, all I did was post a link that I thought might help people. I was not soliciting for a business nor did I say that I was an expert in the medical field. I guess there was a reason for my post to be edited, I just do not understand why? I am writing this with all due respect. Joe
    I am sorry that I can't provide better insight into the forum rules as I am not a member of the moderator team, and don't have a full understanding myself as to the reasons behind each forum guidline.

We are allowed more lee way into discussions and sharing of links, and more targeted information via private messaging, and in the forum chat sessions.

I hope that I have not diminished the value of the forum, or the benefits of participation and interaction here. I hope you can be and active member and find this site as beneficial as I have over the years.

I also hope that one of the moderator team will contact you directly for better explainations, and to also welcome you here.

Warmest Regards,

Dave
    Spine-Health Moderator
    My Story  - Click below
advertisement