Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any thoughts / help

dunnzoddunnzo Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
I am Andy I have had two operations repairing discs in my lumbar spine, L5 S1,L4 L3 L2 (2003 & 2004). I now am having problems further up and have absolutely no curve in my lumbar region.
At the moment I am in acute pain,I have seen the doctor he prescribed the usual,anti-spasm(diazepam) oramorph,and anti inflammitery pills. I do take hydracodiene and anti inflamm regularly and have never been pain free.These latest pills however aren't having any effect and the pain seems to be coming on every 4 to 6 weeks.
I was diagnosed with DDD and am concerned now that sooner or later it will get worse. I have read that most DDD is caused by twisting rotation etc mine was caused by an impact injury, does this make a difference?

Anybody any thoughts,

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

I really don't have any words of wisdom for you, but wanted to welcome you and tell you how sorry I am for your surgeries and now ongoing pain. It doesn't help that your medications aren't working, making you wonder what you're supposed to do.

I imagine that almost everybody on this forum has DDD. It seems to come naturally with spine problems, but I don't know where it comes from. I also think that many of us have osteoarthitis in our spines and wonder if it remains in the spine or tends to spread out to other parts of our bodies. Spine-Health recently started an Arthritis website which leads me to believe they really are hand-in-hand.

Anyway, I'm sorry I can't help you, but wanted to offer a little support and some thoughts. I hope you find some way to feel better and again, am sorry for your situation and ongoing pain.

Take care,
  • Welcome. Again, I don't have much insight into your question but agree with Cath111 that most folks here have some form of DDD. Actually, it's quite common even in the general population of people.

You say you don't have lumbar motion...what do you mean by that? I had 2 lower back surgeries and protected my back to the extent where I lost lower back mobility. Through special PT with a Physiatrist + PT, I'm regaining some of that. A side effect is it is helping some of my pain reduce. Why? They are focused on more than just my lower back. They look at my hips, pelvis, etc. to ensure I'm 'balanced'.