Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Loose screws

SteveaccaSSteveacca Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Chronic Pain
I had fusion on my neck c5 to t2 6 years ago and had neck pain ever sence last Monday had the hardware remove dr said it was so loose screws fell out....I feel a pain gone that been there for years even tho the surgery left me I alot of pain I felt a certain pain was gone its been a week right goes numb and left foot not all the time or at the same time it like I sat on them and they fell asleep could this be from the removal should I wait to say anything?
Stephen accardi

• Week after hardware removal is still early in recovery, Everything needs to heal just as with any other surgery, Nerves get disturbed and will take some time before you can know how much it has helped,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • i was told by the doctor that i needed to wait at least 2 years before they removed any hardware. you need time for bone graphs to heal around the screws and cages. please read my post about pain with no disc problems to see what can happen
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Quick reply to Jon....it looks like Steveacca had the fusion done 6 years ago....And the hardware removal was just done....

Steveacca....I agree with Alex...you are really early in the process of recovery from this last surgery....Of course you can always call and check in with the Dr. in case they want to change anything like medication...

But it's going to take quite awhile for all the nerves and muscles to calm down after a surgery...Take it easy....and take any medicine on schedule....

The problem with spine issues is that even after this surgery, you may always have to live with chronic pain. This might entail having to take a nerve pain medication....or a muscle relaxer....or both....

Or, you could be very lucky and have this be a wonderful success and each day brings you less pain.

Only time will tell....

Good luck..
  • I am no doctor. But imagine there is a fare amount of swelling all over where the hard wear was. You may want to phone the doctor and tell them about the feet getting numb they may tell you to take a specific medication or want to see you etc. At least call the nurse and have a chat so she can talk to the surgeon and call you back.

Feel better,

This discussion has been closed.