Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long time Backie

missietlmmissietl Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
I came across this site while looking for some info on the spinal cord stimulator. I have had 2 back surgeries, L5-S1. I had a fusion with hardware in 2005. I have been dealing with pain since. I hurt more on the left side buttock and leg. It almost never goes away. So frustrating!!! I have been seeing a Pain management Dr. since. I have had every injection you can think of. On Thursday I had the SCS installed temporarily. I cannot see any difference other than this annoying buzzing feeling. I am so let down. I really wanted this to work. On top of that, I am allergic to the tape they taped my back with and it is blistering up and itching. Bad thing is I can't take it off until Monday when I go and see my PM so he can see how the SCS has worked for me. The SCS rep. has called me every day to see how I am doing but seems astounded that I haven't had the results she expected. Has anyone else had this problem or even used the SCS? It would be nice to talk to others who understand where I am coming from with this chronic pain issue.

• people on this site that have experience with scs. However I'm not one of them, I'm sure you will get responses to your questions. I know that many have had sucess, but there is a quite large amount of people that do not have any luck with the scs. Your scs rep should have given you sucess rates so that you would have known in advance what your hope for relief should be.

Hopefully they can get the leads maneuvered so that you get some relief. I wish you luck. Let us know how it goes.
  • I had SCS unit for over 2 years. It does help with pain along with meds. Its not a cure. But it does help to keep the pain in check.