Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just had a RF Neurotemy

ajlchaseaajlchase Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Injections
I've a few questions/concerns about my future with having this procedure done repeatedly over the course of my life.

3 years ago I had my spine fused L5-S1. Before the fusion they decided to see if a form of Facet Block would work to relieve my pain, which it did nothing at all, therefore the fusion ensued.

In Aug. of this year I was rear ended while stopped at a red light which totaled my truck. Since then I've been unable to work,sleep,do house hold chores...you name it we're all in the same boat I'm sure.

Having tried PT and pain medications with no success I was referred to a pain clinic where we first started out with an SI injection, no luck, then through some minimal relief with the precursory tests we went ahead with a left side L4-3-2 RF N. I feel a little bit better, at this point I'll take what ever I can get. Hopefully it continues to get better and better and then I will go in to have my right side done.

Now, on to my questions. I retained a lawyer to seek any possible damages for the accident as I've been out of commission since. "If" this RF Neurotemy does the trick, what's the likely hood of needing this procedure for the rest of my life? Being that it doesn't actually "fix" the problem will the problem get worse and once the nerves grow back the pain will be even more viscous or will it be a rinse and repeat procedure?

My biggest fear is if/when we go to court to settle am I settling on the fact it took me 8 months to feel relief therefore that's all the other persons insurance should be expected to pay for damages or are we talking the rest of my life? Being that I didn't have this pain before the accident and I was already treated before the fusion in this method with no success, it would seem to me that this accident caused me to be in this pain that I am in.

I know the other parties insurance will argue this up and down to get out of it, but I want to mentally know what to prepare for.

Maybe the RFN helps get me to feeling 30% better, what other options are there that I should be open minded towards in order to feeling even better than that?

I know being fused I'm going to deal with it for the rest of my life. But this whole fiasco has taken on a life of it's self and I'm not very positive what to plan for. I can't work, no income, baby on the way and am in pain.

Suggestions or advice?