Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI In The Morning

sissyjanessissyjane Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I hate having MRI's. I'm having my hubby drive me, so that I can take my pain pill and my muscle relaxer. Follow up appointment is in two weeks, and then it's on to surgery. Right now it's a two level fusion with hardware. I hope nothing else is added on. I'm tired of hurting this much all of the time!

• Good luck with the MRI, hopefully it reveals nothing else, a two level fusion is enough if you ask me. Hopefully you won't find it to uncomfortable, smart move on the driver and the meds.
  • I hear ya,
    I had my last MRI a month ago, it was in the midst of a horrible flare up, and 30 mins flat on my back in that machine set everything off even more. I cried, and then cried some more. But I knew it was necessary and in 2 weeks I go in for my 2 level ACDF, C5-C7.

Good luck with MRI and with the upcoming surgery.
    Will be thinking about you.
    Hopefully both of us can be through on the other side soon!

Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    When I read about people having a MRI, I try to give them this link:
    How to Enjoy your MRI
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Well, I made it. Barely. I've never had that much pain during an MRI. I wanted to cry. Even with pain meds and a muscle relaxer... Being closed in doesn't bother me at all.