Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stuck in Pawtucket

kat323kkat323 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My husband (59)is recovering from posterior decompression and fusion to C3-C6. He gets his care at the VA. After surgery and hospital stay in West Haven Connecticut, he went to rehab. Did very well and on the day he was to be discharged, he developed a low-grade fever. The rehab will not discharge him until he follows up with the VA (in Providence, R.I.) We are from Pawtucket, R.I. Against his wishes he agreed to go to the ER by transport. After x-rays etc. the ER Dr. told us they found fluid around the site They recommended he return to West Haven, Ct. for MRI and possible REPEAT surgery. Needless to say he was extremely upset and close to leaving AMA. He was transported to Ct. Friday night at 9:00 p.m. and we all know what happens on a weekend at a hospital. The waiting game. "God give me the strength..."
I cannot be with him this time. Has anyone gone through a repeat surgery? I am trying not to project...found this site this morning.

• I'm so sorry your husband and you are going through this. I haven't had such a repeat surgery, but hopefully someone who has will read your post and respond. Many times people will read the posts but if they don't have experience with the issue they may not respond.

I hope God continues to give you and your husband strength.

I've had a C3-C7 anterior, but went through a "normal" recovery.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Thanks for your kind words. The Doc told him yesterday he developed a U.T.I. an needs to be observed for 3 days. #:S Now he's complaining that he has no money, low on cigs, etc.... Sounds to me like he is back to normal :> I glad to hear your recovery was whatever "normal" is. We are both in "recovery" from substance abuse..he has been clean and sober for 24 years. There is no doubt that God is walking with us. I know he has picked me up a few times. O:)