My husband (59)is recovering from posterior decompression and fusion to C3-C6. He gets his care at the VA. After surgery and hospital stay in West Haven Connecticut, he went to rehab. Did very well and on the day he was to be discharged, he developed a low-grade fever. The rehab will not discharge him until he follows up with the VA (in Providence, R.I.) We are from Pawtucket, R.I. Against his wishes he agreed to go to the ER by transport. After x-rays etc. the ER Dr. told us they found fluid around the site They recommended he return to West Haven, Ct. for MRI and possible REPEAT surgery. Needless to say he was extremely upset and close to leaving AMA. He was transported to Ct. Friday night at 9:00 p.m. and we all know what happens on a weekend at a hospital. The waiting game. "God give me the strength..."
I cannot be with him this time. Has anyone gone through a repeat surgery? I am trying not to project...found this site this morning.