Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

To anyone about to have ACDF I found a great video!

islandstylistiislandstylist Posts: 307
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

So when I first heard I would be needing ACDF I was totally in shock and terrified to need surgery. But since finding this forum you have all helped me calm down a lot and I thank you so much. I have a lot of great friends on here.

I have been doing as much research on this surgery as I could. I found a wonderful video on you tube of an Australian girl who went through this surgery.

It's really an informative video of the recovery process and it is very calming. I thought it would be great for anyone to see who is about to go through this surgery.

The video is called ACDF Anterior Cervical Decompression Fusion Internal Fixation Harvest Bone Graft and her user name is lmac8116

I will post the link below but if it doesn't work just type in the above info that I gave you. Hope you find this as helpful as I did.

Hugs to you all.

Missy, 1 level ACDF C6/C7 Monday July 16th 2012.

• for the link.
    I agree that the video makes this surgery look 'doable'.

Hope you are having a good, pain reduced day.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

• Missy - thanks for pointing this out. It is easy to understand, and I think others will find it helpful.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Thanks hon,

I was surprised at the amount of scary youtube videos on this subject. Or maybe I'm just extra sensitive? Lol!

Anyway yes, I liked how she just said what her recovery was like.

I hope you're having a great day.

• Thanks,

That video was nice and calm and made recovery seem not too bad.
    Hope you're having a nice day.

• Thanks Missy for posting the link, as I was watching it my six year old daughter Emily came in my room and finished watching with me. I know the video helped me and I also believe it helped Emily. Thanks again Missy for thinking of other people whom are going the same shitty hand in life right now. I'd hug you but don't want to upset your fiancé, either that or we would probably hurt ourselves. Your friend Joe.
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.