Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI findings

KodibearKKodibear Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
C6-7 disc bulge has uniform impression. T2-3 sagittal findings a small right paracentral disc protrusion. Mild 05-6 anterlisthesis .C5-6 impression on thecal sac by shallow L paracentral protusion causing min L recess narrowing .C2-3 Disc bulge straightening of thecal sac L ventrall margin . Suspected T2-3 disc protusion
I have chronic headaches and neck pain and arm weakness were I can't lift them more then two three times without great weakness. All occurred after a MVA 2 yrs ago. Waiting for follow up with neurologist on these results. I go see a surgeon in 2 weeks. Will he give me surgery. I've also. Done physio for 1.5 yrs. And tried several meds. And. Arm weekness getting worse
Anyone out there break this down for me
Thanks so much

• Hi Kodibear,

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. I have both Cervical and Lumbar issues and all I can say is PAIN SUCKS and it is frightening.

I can't tell you how many doctors I've seen over the years and almost all of them have had different opinions about the same images. A small bulge could mean nothing to one person but cause a lot of pain for another. I'm not a doctor and can't interpret your findings, but in my opinion it is all about how you feel! If it hurts a lot and is changing your life you need help.

The surgeon I finally settled on had a strict and conservative protocol:

If all of the above fails, surgery.

Do you feel good about your doctor and therapist? Do you feel like you are getting good care and advice?

I'm waiting to be scheduled for my third surgery, which is my second ACDF. Not sure if I have just one level fused, or two re-fused along with a new fusion, or five level fusion. Waiting on the new imaging reports. I'm nervous too, but I believe cervical surgery is so much easier than lumbar, and I recovered pretty quickly last time.

There are tons of good posts here that will give you a bit of an education as to what you can expect before and after surgery. There is also an AWESOME post on what you will need during recovery should you require surgery.

I'm sorry your are here, and I wish you all the best.