Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I was Fab until PT really!!!!!

sunshinebry2000ssunshinebry2000 Posts: 81
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone, ok I am not going to whine but really...I thought about how I was feeling so much better and returning to work seemed possible and THEN I went to PT. I really thought these exercises seemed harmless at first, some of them did not even have discomfort while I was performing them but the next day whammy!!!I am not an active person so perhaps I blame myself but I am in serious pain now. Today was round 2 I had three days to rest but it did not matter they killed me. I have been doing them at home but with alot of moderation!!So I just needed to vent..I am sure as I heal and I get used to them the pain will decrease but i was a little surprised that such little movement can bring such big results! I got a veto from the MD for the laughlin trip I had previously planned 5-16 to 5-21, he said no sun amd no slots..so I said no trip. He did agree to let me go to san diego this weekend for a concert, I really gave him no choice I already paid for the tickets and I was dissappointed about laughlin so he gave in. I am not driving and will wear my collar for the 2 hr trip. I am excited I get out of the house for something not neck related haha!Oh and my steri-strips are coming off on their own for anyone who witnessed my meltdown on a previous post. My scar is really ugly guys, it looks like someone sliced my throat, oh wait they did, anyway I hope it heals to look better. MD appt tuesday. Thanks as always for listening. Blessings
Kimberly Martin

• I know what you mean about the scar, I looked like someone tried to decapitate me. I am 57 though, and they put it in a crease, so now it has faded and is alot harder to see. Blends with my wrinkles. ;)

PT was a pain, literally, but did improve with time. Do they ice you afterwords? Or anything else to help mitigate the pain from the stretching you're doing on freshly cut tissues? They just got settled down, and now they are getting angry again. I had muscle spasms again too. :(

I know this seems like a setback, but is part of the journey. Hope you feel better again soon. :)

• Hi all,
    let me explain you the nature of MOST OF THE neck and back pain.
    Pain likes to travel from here to there and that is a good sign, it means pain is not mechanical and can be taken care with PT.

McKenzie exercise: This is one very popular theory which many PTs using, some exercises are very similar to Yoga pose. During the course of exercise sometime on day 1-3 client may feel more pain after the exercise, I explain my patients its like first time going to the gym after long time.
    The theory is based on centralization(C) of the pain. C to the spine. If pain is Centralizing, that is a good sign,(PAIN MAY INCREASE), I tell its like a 10lb mud in a 5lb bag. Remember, pain will travel, pain may increase and its a good sign.
    The only RED FLAG is if pain is peripheralizing.(Pain is going further away from spine towards extremities).

DRX-9000: I am using this machine since last 2 years now on at least 4-6 people a day. This machine is good for 80% of people, yes 20% people do feel more pain,( I have learned to avoid those pain now on machine)

Edited by Tam for solicitation and advertising.
  • Sorry but no advertising on this site, So please dont post further,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • How funny, that manan trying to sell his machine on this site. First I live in CA so walking into his clinic in NYC is not happening but I already used that machine for 3 yrs before surgery so he is full of you know what!!I have nothing against PT and I know it is just using muscles that are pissed off and they get sore.The PT says to me now lets try and get you off those pain meds and I am thinking, you have made me increase my dosage you saddist!!!lol but it is just part of the journey and I am learing more about my pain tolerance than I think I ever wanted to but I will get through and I thank Alexhurting for stepping on my behalf!
    Kimberly Martin