Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I was approved today

missyp997mmissyp997 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Found out today I was approved for diabilty, first time trying. It doesn't fix my back but it sure takes some stress off.

• That's good to hear!! I'm slowly moving down that road it gets harder and harder for me to go into work my only worry is not having an income while I wait
  • I have been on long term disabilty and I know they were getting ready to get rid of me some how then I didn't know what I was gonna do, but thankfully I don't need to find out. I wish you luck, I totaly understand.
  • I should mention I am only 38 as well. I read and read how hard it is when your younger, so don't think you won't win. I had 3 back surgeries, no fusions. They want to do a fusion but I am not. I have scar tissue wrapped around nerves, DDD a new herniated disk that is not presently pushing on anything at the L3-L4. My surgeries were 2 at L4-L5 and 1 at L5-S1.Bad sciatic nerve from the scar tissue. Just thought I would say what is wrong with me. My Dr and I never discussed disabilty. I see him every 6-7 weeks for over the past year. I think that has helped me. When I started out though I never expected to be like this but he just kept bringing me back. He also put me on restrictions that make it hard to have a job. No more than 1 hr walking a day, 5 lb weight limit, no more than 3 hours standing and 3 hrs sitting and able to change postions as needed. Did therapy but they stopped it because it made me worse, I couldn't even walk out of therapy hardly. I hope this helps someone.