Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle spasms 10 days post ADR C6 C7 surgery

vanzandttx2vvanzandttx2 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am having horrible left side upper back muscle spasms causing left shoulder, back, upper arm pain and tingling fingers. Before the surgery this was happening on the right side. The right side is pain free now with just a small amount of tingling. It started on the left side about a week after surgery. I suffered from a very large ruptured disc pressing into the spinal cord resulting in big muscle spasms. I have been on Norco and Baclofen for a while now. I have tried Flexiril which does nothing. I'm starting to think the Baclofen isn't working. I also am having a twitching right eye, which I had before surgery also. It seems to start up right around the time I get the bad spasms on the left side. Has anyone had anything like this? Any suggestions? I go to my post surgery check in one week, and I hate to call the doc, but I think I might due to the constant pain on the left side. Any suggestions?
C6 C7 ACDF May 10, 2012
Nasty fall May 22, 2012 (causing shoulder probs)
Shoulder arthritis - both - due to surg and fall
C6 C7 fusion FAILURE, bone spur, scar tissue June 2013....waiting on 2nd surgery!
And I'm only 45!!!!!!!!

• I would phone your surgeon and let them make the decision of if it can wait until your appointment in one week or not.

Hope that it is just due to inflamation.

• Call your surgeon so they can get something else that will help, with the spasms. Trust me they would rather you be comfortable while the healing process takes place in place of being miserable and slowing down your recovery. It is not uncommon post surgery to feel odd things on the opposite side as when they did the surgery, they kind of pissed everything off. Getting the spasms under control now will give them a better look at the hardware placement on your post-op. Good luck and keep us posted.