Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion breakdown

LormacLLormac Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
In 2007 I had fusion surgery on C2 to C5

Now they can't operate because the spine is so unstable.
Kind of nervous.
I can feel my neck actually move.

But they would need to do a craniotomy to fuse cervical 1

• Wow, I can only imagine what you are going through, I had 3 Level ACDF C4-C7 on April 16. Did they use any metal plates or Screws when they did your surgery? I have not started to fuse yet but have every belief that I will. I never really thought it could fail but knew it was possible. Denial is bliss. I cannot offer you wisdom or experience but i can offer you support and prayers that things work out for you. My thoughts are with you. Take care
    Kimberly Martin
  • Welk may go for another opinion.
    I think I'm getting into a bad situation.

Wondering if ignorance is bliss.
    Really not sure.
  • Last week the surgeon called and said without surgery I'll be paralyzed

Depression has set in because the skull fell as well so they need to pull the skull back up into place.
    So freaked out.
    Is it more courageous to leave it alone and just die or have surgery?

• My heart breaks for how you are feeling. You are courageous for what you are dealing with. Please reach out for help
    for your depression.Please speak with your doctor about how you are feeling. Also, we are all here for you whenever you need us.
    Did you get a second opinion? Did the surgeon schedule surgery?
    Thinking of you
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • LormacLLormac Posts: 19
    edited 06/22/2012 - 8:45 AM
    I have the best spine surgeon and neurosurgeon.
    They all sayy the same thing.
    Have surgery or...
    Will see the doctor next week.
    Will schedule this thing then.

How do I prepare for this type of surgery?
  • As trite as it may sound, you and your care team are in my prayers. Praying specifically for peace, wisdom, healing, and relief. Wishing you all the best.

• Yes it always seems to creep in when I need it.
    Tomorrow is D day.
    If its straight- forward fusion : ok
    But if they are doing major brain stuff.

I don't know.

Paralysis without surgery? Yes have it done.