Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back spasms post surgery

Ricky29sgRRicky29sg Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all, did anyone encounter back spasms a few days after surgery? Day 7 and 8 post op have given me severe back spasms while walking, one almost dropped me. I don't know if that's normal?

• Yes... Usually docs will prescribe valium or a different muscle relaxer to help. I still get bad spasms and I am almost a year post op.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Thanks donn, I was really starting to get concerned because they came out of the blue. I just went for a walk a few minutes ago and no spasms. Makes me feel good!
    I'm 29 and my back probs began at 25, baseball injury.

Thanks again!
  • My Dr called me back and said the back spasms are normal during the 1st 3 weeks. He prescribed me a muscle relaxer that should help.
    My last spasm was at 11 am yesterday, the hardest one thus far. I walked around at 6pm without spasms so I was feeling good. About to get up and move around here shortly.
  • Yes the muscle relaxers and pain meds combined have helped me alot. Almost 3 weeks out post op and slowly but surely getting better each day.
  • Yeah I've been taking the muscle relaxers for the past 3 days and the spasms have been contained a bit. I can gt up and walk for a good 5 mins without the spasms. After a while they start creeping up. Now 10 days post op.
This discussion has been closed.