Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

EXTREME PAIN after 4th back surgery

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Chronic Pain
my neurologist needed to fix my spine due to issues after last fusion. the screws were not alligned and the back was a mess. so when i woke up and moved my legs i had a pain i have never had before and never so sever even with a kidney stone. my left thigh is numb but the nerve is irritated and the pain is sever going down my thigh. he said he did not go near the nerve but after days of complaining he asked his fellow drs and they said they have had patients with this problem. it has been 10 days and the pain is a little better but still wakes me up at night and when i get up to walk the pain is too sever to even take a step. even not standing on my leg does not help. anyone have this problem?
he said it should get better but 10 days with little help is depressing. i can't take the pain i get depressed and cry due to the severity and i usually can handle pain
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• So sorry to hear about the pain that you are going through 10 days post op. What did they do during your surgery(replace the screws?)

Have you had an MRI or CT since your surgery to see how things look? Are you on any nerve meds?

Three and a half months post adr, I still wake up with pain constantly during the night...miserable

Nerves are a pain and take some time to heal...hope you are feeling better soon.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • you have been through so much 541T i am so sorry that you are still going through it .dont know what to tell you man .just keep pounding down those pain killers and try to get some kip {sleep}
    tony x
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    It seems like if it's not 1 thing it's another with us. I hope they can figure out why this happened and correct it.
    Hang in there.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hopefully its just a pissed off nerve, With some luck hopefully it will calm down or thy mightt have to give you some steroid pills to stop the inflammation,

I have similar pain still in the hip down the left leg that started right after the 1 st surgery and mine never healed, Even now with the scs aint controling it,

If you cant take it ask dr for the steroid pack should help, Good luck and sorry you are also in this kind of crap situation,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
This discussion has been closed.