Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally home...

VinGVVinG Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Finally came home last night, after 10 days in the hospital (no rehab). What an ordeal. But I think succesful. Nerve pains have all gone, including some that I did not realize. Breathing and GI issues have been tough.

Other annoyances...
jaw freezing, then popping
ear ringing and popping
2 day case of hiccups
thrush (bad)
pot holes

I'll keep you posted...

- Vin

3 level ACDF, c3/4, c5/6/7 in May 2012

• Good for you and thanks to your wife for updating us, I hope you feel better and have a successful recovery. God Bless , Joe

ACDF sch 07/10/2012
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • Vin, I am so glad your home and feeling better, we were glad that your wife gave us the update. Hopefully its all down hill from here. I wish you a speedy recovery and keep us posted. Kim
    Kimberly Martin
  • Its great that your home! Now make sure to get plenty of rest :) Keep us posted...
    ACDF C4-5/5-6 - 04-09-2012
  • Vin,

Sounds like you had a long stay in hospital, but it's great you're back at home. I'm so glad to hear that a lot of the pain is receding, that really great.

Continue to go slowly and heal well. Best of luck in your recovery,

• Congratulations! Remember to not strain yourself for the first few weeks. I pray for your speedy recovery.

• You must be so relieved to be home, and your wife must be glad to have you home too.

It sounds like you have had a rough ride so far. I really hope that now the bumps are behind you and the rest of the road will be smooth.

Now it is over to you to heal. Make sure that you don't over do it and follow all the restrictions to the letter. You don't want to flare up the pain again. This is a long road and the passengers need to have lots of patience.

Please do keep us informed with how you are doing, and we'll be here to cheer you on.

• So glad you made it home. Hospitals are no fun at all. I hope your recovery is much smoother from this day forward! Keep us posted :)
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.