Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What groin pain is my doc referring to?

moeck01mmoeck01 Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Lower Back Pain
Okay, as i had said in a different post, 2 years ago i had a PLIF at S1-L5, L5-L4. CT scans showed loosened hardware and possible pseudoarthrosis at S1-L5. I have since had a nuclear bone sacn and am waiting for my f/u appointment on June 6'th.

During every visit I've had with my neuro he has done an exam and asked me about pain. The last two visits he has asked me about groin pain. I haven't had any so far but was curious (and didn't think to ask him)just what type of groin pain is he asking about? Sounds silly but I am curious. Any ideas?

• He probably thinks because your having trouble in the area of the spine that nerves run to your groin area if you have experienced groin pain. Sometimes i get pain spasms in my groin area and sometimes its just a general pain all over that area.
  • Moeck -
    Google "lumbosacral plexus" to learn what all the nerves that exit the intervertebral foramina between the verts you had fused innervate. Branches of the lumbosacral plexus partially innervate the scrotum/labia and if inflamed can cause a "saddle-sore" kind of discomfort or pain.

Hope this helps-
  • moeck I herniated L4,L5 and have had genital pain for the past 6 months. I didn't think that the back could cause genital pain but I was wrong.

At least your doc acknowledges that you might have pain down thier. My neuro told me that my back wasn't the problem. I had a second opinion and he said it is common for that level to cause genital pain.

Hope this helped.
This discussion has been closed.