Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

happy and scared, worried.

AidensMommy361AAidensMommy361 Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Depression and Coping
Hey guys! So finally after years of back pain I FINALLY had an MRI on Friday.
I was so happy when my Dr ordered it...well I wont know the results until late next week due to labor day

I'm so afraid that my mri will come back normal. I guess I'm afraid that I will be in horrible pain forever without knowing the cause.

I know something is wrong, I can feel it! And I really don't want to find out that this is all in my head or something. :-/

Just anxious about the results and I don't think I would be able to handle my Dr telling me he can't find the cause.

ANYWAYS! I was just wondering if any of you have felt this way while waiting for your MRI results and how you handled it...?

Thank you for reading!

• I think most of us have those feeling after getting a MRI or any other test that will help point a Dr. in one direction or another.

If nothing is found and the Dr. shuffles you out the door it is time to find a new Dr. and get another opinion.

Good luck.............
  • MRI is a test that helps to find doctors the symptoms of any brain disorders especially related with depression or any other problem. There is no need to panic as now you can be assure to get the right treatment upon your findings through MRI.
  • is always a worry .just try to wait for the results and deal with the options as and when you get the results .the time to worry is when they can't do anything for you !
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I think it's normal to feel scared or worried. Especially if the test has something to do with your health. But it isn't really good to worry too much. Try doing some activities that will divert your attention.
  • Findings: There is a mild central and right sided disc protrusion at L5-S1 with accompanying osteophyte formation. A component of compression of the right s1 nerve root is present with relative sparing of the s1 nerve in the posteriorly located thecal sac at that level. A spinal stenosis is noted at that level.

The l4-5 level demonstrates a mild central disc protrusion with mild ventral extradural compression of the thecal sac and perhaps slight lateralization towards right side. The spinal canal is on the lower limits of normal in a size associated with that disc protrusion.

The l4-5, l2-3, l1-2 and t12-l1 levels are unremarkable. The t11-12 level demonstrates a mild protrusion to the right of midline with mild ventral extradural compression of the thecal sac. No spinal stenosis is noted.

Mild right sided disc protrusion at t11-12

Moderate right sided disc protrusion at l5-s1 with compression of the right s1 nerve root.

Mild central disc protrusion at l4-5 with resultant borderline spinal canal size at that level.

Okay. What does this mean!!? I'm only 22!
  • Me too! I'm waiting for my MRI results and I'm terrified there will not be significant findings to warrant anything more than I have been doing for 15 years. I feel its time to look into surgery, but I have a week to wait til I find out.

I hope you get some relief soon!
  • Hey ashes! Thank you!

I have an appointment with a neuro surgeon in two weeks. I'm not sure if surgery is the answer for me just yet. I have tried physical therapy so far and it was only for week. They had students working on me and I feel like an idiot for agreeing to that! If anything they made my symptoms worse. So my doctor advised me to not go back until I see the NS.

I hope you get some relief soon! It was driving me mad waiting for my results as well.

Keep us updated when you get yours back!

Good luck!
  • good luck with your appointment. i hope things work out asap!