Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Jenny the Newb

JenhopetooJJenhopetoo Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
I was in the middle of posting my intro a couple of weeks ago but ended up getting side tracked.

So.. here's a version of my hell :-)
Post laminectomy syndrome, spinal stenosis, chronic intractable pain (whatever that means), herniated discs on the L4&5,1 and S1 levels, as well as spinal fusion (with hardware and bone grafts) (2x) on the C4-7 levels, herniated disc C8 level..
For pain: Fentnyl patch 25mcg/h - every 72 hours, gabapentin 600mg 3x daily, Ibuprofin 800 2x a day, Topomax 200 mg daily, wellbutrin 300 1x daily, Lamictal 300 daily.
Medication and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (with a pain management psychologist).

So.. hi folks, great to meet you all.

• I could use a backiotomy, a buttiotomy and a neckiotomy, but I might settle for a labotomy. I have a follow up with my surgeon after my MRI of the L-Spine last week. I had a laminectomy and discectomy at L4-5 in January, and the pain got a little better and now is at least as bad down my leg into my foot, but add on pain into the groin, heavy feeling in my legs. Wish me luck@

I'd be interested to hear more about the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

I hope you find help on the site. I know I have.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • >:D< Thanks for your welcome.. sometimes I feel like I need a lobotomy.

BTW, The backiotomy joke is from a movie with Dave Chapelle called Half Baked..