Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain and expectations

kaspar31kkaspar31 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hello, I'm a 57 yr. old man who has been in food warehouses, lifting stuff for 30 plus yrs.Any one who has done this type of work knows how cosistenly brutal this work is. Well, I had an mri which showed stenosis, which strikes at any time like a sniper. That was five yrs. ago. Two weeks ago while cutting the grass on my day off, I slipped, which didn't seem like much at the time, but later that day, I was in excrutiating pain which is now at the four week mark. I can't work, but I feel my employer thinks I'm lying.And they don't even have to pay me because it happened at home. What are my chances at ssd. Sitting and standing are equally as bad, and I did have the L5 and L4 shots, which hurt worse than my condition. I'm pretty down and out about this whole situation.

• Do you have children? At that age you should not do the same work that you did during your younger days. My uncle suffers on the same situation (being a farmer for all his life), but the doctor asked him to refrain from lifting heavy things so he was just roaming around the farm now, why not give yourself a break.
  • PEDMMPPEDMM Posts: 39
    edited 06/30/2012 - 9:44 PM
    Welll just to note most of the time people are denied thier first time. IT all depends at the extent of the damage, if you can no longer perform the work you did and can not be trained in a new line of work you will be approved, If it were that easy. You have to be ready to fight for months as well as considering hiring a lawyer. Hope that you dont need one because then you have to give them a percentage of what you win. Anyyway if the damage is significant you have a good chance. I wish you luck and let us know how it goes.