Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Less than a week!

MelWMMelW Posts: 427
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Chronic Pain
I am down for the count till I see my neuro, finally. I am at the stage of not being able to wait because I am ready for answers from a doctor I trust, but I also have that underlying feeling that I will be sent home not knowing any more than I do now.

I think the fact that I went through almost two years of being told there was nothing wrong, when I hurt myself initially back in 2008, always leaves me with that little bit of feeling like I am not going to get answers and will have to go thru hell and back to figure it all out.

I just have to sit back, prepare for the appointment, and go in with my dukes up, lol. :-) I have my new "history summary" written, my binder is updated, and I am waiting to hear from my PM and injection dude to get doc notes to take with me to my appt.

I am not leaving until I have answers!!!!! When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I went to the hospital, called my OB doc and told him I was done being pregnant and that I refused to leave the hospital still being pregnant. Needless to say he came up and induced me :-) I was miserable! I think I will stalk the neuro if I do not get some kind of answers!!!!! lol

I am getting antsy, antsy, antsy!!!!

• Hi MelW
    You said it all in your 3rd paragraph... prepare for the appt!:):
    I also had a few years of a 'wonderful' (not), doctor telling me there is nothing wrong. you are not in pain. it is all in your head. you can't handle a little muscle pain. blah blah.
    I totally understand the frustrations.. the wanting to "stalk" the neuro until you get answers!!!
    Patience... for us patients.. :):)
    Wishing you all the best, and that you get answers!!!!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I haven't heard of that one. But hey, what ever works. Who ever screams the loudest gets results!
    If you don't, demand new imagery!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I'm so hoping that you get the answers you need. I read so many posts on here about members that have a hard time getting a diagnosis. I've been lucky in that my problems have always been very obvious on the films.

My latest xray showed obvious sponylolisthesis at L3/4, but my doc is shocked by there being nothing, meaning NOTHING, between L1/2 on the xray. Thus, a MRI this Friday.

Oddly enough and unlike every other MRI result, I'm not anxious for my post-MRI follow-up with my surgeon. Luckily, I have no nerve pain from either of these yet, so surgery is probably not on the table...yet.

Good luck, I so hope you get some answers and am looking forward to hear what happens after your appt. of course, keep us posted.

• I am also waiting to see a neuro surgeon in 12 days! Its the same office my mother went to for her neck surgery. I too feel as you do. And for the last six months doctors have been ignoring me (i think because im only 22) But now that I have my mri results and a doctor who knows the family I'm hoping I will be able to figure out what's really going on with my back.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some help!
  • Luckily, I think my case is fairly clear cut. The only problem, well I guess not a problem, but I have 'moderate' foraminal stenosis, 'moderate' loss of lordosis from C2-5, and chronic 'moderate' loss of vertebral height, nothing is severe, but I am only 32 years old.

It is great that it isn't severe, I guess my thought is that I do not want to wait until it is severe, considering it has progressed quite quickly in two years. I would much rather deal with moderate issues than wait until it gets really bad and have the possibility of having permanent damage because we waited until it got severe. At the same time, I hate to "jump the gun."

I am just super antsy and getting to the point of coming up with every possible way this appointment may go!!!!! I am driving myself batty!!! :-) I am just psyching myself out, lol. It is probably going to go about the same way my first appointment with him went... He looked at my MRI, looked at me, gave me my options and asked me what I wanted based on his recommendations, then asked me if I would like him to do surgery or if I would like to get a second opinion as well.

Friday, 2 p.m., cannot get here quick enough!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I had, "mild" and "moderate" according to the MRI report, but once the surgeon got in there he said it was severe and it looked like my disc had exploded.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I am seriously in tears!!! The surgeons office just called... They had to reschedule everyone for tomorrow because he got called into surgery. Now I will not be seeing him until July 6. Talk about a depressing way to start the day. They put me on a cancellation wait list, but the likelihood of a cancellation is pretty much nil.

I feel like I have been in a nightmare as it is. Three weeks in chronic pain time is like three months, at least.
  • I know how you feel! I've been waiting since LAST December! Are they helping you with your pain at all?
This discussion has been closed.