Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to remeder when to take meds.

Hello everyone.
It has been a while since I have been on here. Since 2007 I have has so many different pain meds and other meds to help get my back under control. So yesterday I went to the doctor and he changed it up a little. So far today it has been a good thing. Not as much pain as I have been in for a long time.
My problem is I need to take 2 different med 3x a day. But I can not take them at the same time. So I need help on ways to remember when to take them and how far apart I should go. I take Ms Contin 15mg 3x day. They work ok for me but they make me a little sleepy. The new one he added was Nucynta 50 mg 3xday. They make me a little loopy or really tiered. So if I take them at the same time. I will more than likely sleep the hole time.
Any advice would help me. Thanks everyone!!!!

• There are pill holders they make for this. Mine is plastic with 28 seperate little notches with covers, one row for each day of the week and four seperate notches for each day. I still forget sometimes, usually when I'm in the most pain, but it helps a lot. Check at the drugstore or Wallyworld.
  • DaffydolphinDaffydolphin Posts: 98
    edited 06/27/2012 - 2:53 PM
    The alarm/ reminder built in app on iPhones and similar PDAs can be set up for such staggered schedules. And for a couple $s there are Rx Pill apps. I use On Time Rx Pro on my iPhone. I also put the next days supply of each of 4 meds into 4 separate small stainless steel round pill fobs at bedtime each night.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • I use the 4 slot, 7 day a week pill holders from Walmart as I take medicine 4 times a day. So this is perfect for laying out my doses for the week.

I also use the alarm feature on my phone to remind me of the times to take it...

You need to ask your Dr. and/or Pharmacist about the actual amounts and when to take your meds as far as the Nucynta and Morphine...unfortunately no one here can say whether it's ok to take at the same time or not...So just follow their prescription orders...

Hope the addition of the Nucynta helps!
  • edited 07/05/2012 - 4:06 PM
    They are both opiates, that is why you keep getting sleepy off of them. Kinda strange your doc prescribed two IR pills at once.. Usually Pharmacists catch these kind of things, I would ask your local pharmacy.

But If it were me I would ask the Dr to consolidate your IR pills into one, Just morphine or the other, this would make it much easier. Perhaps you might want to look into a transdermal patch, I have one now and now I only have to remember 1 pill a day, much easier.