Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am at my desk trying to work and all I can think about is curling up in a ball and dying. The pain is unbearable. Trying to hang on till 4:30. Don't know if I will make it. My back is killing me! I have a tens unit on and have already maxed out on my meds for the day. Had heard some good advice from last nights post regarding my having surgery. Thx you guys. I am trying not to give up hear. But it just won't let up. People around me are being sympathetic to the issue but not for long. I noticed that healthy people like to be around healthy people. And if you are constantly reminded of what can happen to you then it can cause some challenges. Luckily I can close the door and keep to myself for a while. And don't get me wrong I am not looking for their sympathy. I could use my mom right about now. Lol.. Oh how my bed sounds so good right now. Venting to this forum is therapeutic too. I hope you guys are having a pain free day. Talk to you soon.

• I had to giggle a bit at your post. I had surgery and still working thru the pain. Just got caught with my office door closed and me lying flat on my back for a bit. Needless to say, bossman didn't have much to say after I said give me five minutes. He simply shut my door. Now I'm standing up typing!
    Brenda Hull
  • Good I was trying to be a little on the funny side. Gosh dog, I just got back from lunch and I stopped by this store called Relax The Back. The furniture is awesome! The new office chair I wanted cost $2,200.00. Don't think the company will do that much. Oh well, suck it up right?
  • We have a back chair here at work. I can't use it because my knees start to hurt. Feels like a Catholic mass all over again. I love my zero gravity chair next to my pool and a cooler. Anything that dulls the burning and itching down the back of the right leg. Hot tub also does wonders. Try a burn gel with Lidocaine on the area and see if that helps. I take a bath in the stuff, wait until I dry, and curl up in bed after my meds. They also make Lidocaine patches. (Prescription only.) Take little walks and see if you can stand up occassionally and work. Hope you find something to get you more comfortable. I'm going to research a lumbar support for my chair. Or the boss can just keep barging in my office and catch me with my 5 minutes lying on the floor!
    Brenda Hull
  • Bigshawn1234567BBigshawn1234567 Posts: 45
    edited 07/19/2012 - 10:12 AM
    Funny you mentioned the Lidocaine patches. I have had those on all week. Awesome break through today. My boss sent me to find a chair that had lumbar support. It helped tremendously. I also found an old tens unit that I had back when I had neck surgery. So with the new chair, tens unit and patches I have been able to make it all day.

Zero gravity chair sounds good. What's in the cooler? Lol.

I have to find more ways to be pain free. I have chores to do this weekend! Ugh...
This discussion has been closed.