Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain on opposite side?

I have terrible pain on left side of my upper back. I was run over by a forklift at a lumberyard at age 14(am now 43) and have always had this off and on since then. When the army put a helmet on me it REALLY hurt but always seemed to get better on it own.

I have been running long distances for years now and this would always bothering on runs longer than 20 miles. If i run 40 or more it REALLY hurts and my last race in april was a 50k and that did me in so no running since.

I dont understand why the MRI says the problems are on the right side when I have so much pain on the left. I have been through about 7 weeks of PT to no avail.

It also irritates the shoulder repairs ( i had 2 surgeries in 2011 on left should for SLAP repair) when it pinches that nerve on left side.

Anyone know why my MRI points to the right and my pain is on the left?

I have appt. with neurosurgeon in couple of day after waiting for weeks.

IMPRESSION: Minimal signs of degenerative disk disease, most
severely affecting the C5-6 level where there is circumferential
bulging of the disk with small osteophytes causing moderate narrowing
of the right intervertebral neural foramen and a small right
paracentral concave impression on the thecal sac. Otherwise,
unremarkable examination.

• ok got back from neurosurgeon and Dr says I probably have a trigger point problem. My spine is in good condition structurally and not causing this issue. This is good news that no surgery or fusion would be recommended by anyone for this. To deduce the specific type of problem, I am receiving shots that will tell us whether it is muscle tissue(trigger point) or nerve root problem. I received the first shot which numbs the area providing immediate relief for 8 hours then the steroids should start working with 72 hours. If the problem is related to this trigger point then the shot may be completely curative for this episode. If the problem persists after this shot then I continue next week with more shots at specific nerve sites to locate a malfunctioning nerve. Once located we would reconsult with the Dr. about nerve solutions.
  • It is great news if the shots work for you! I developed a pinched nerve in my shoulder following C-Spine surgery that was causing pain down the arm and pain in the shoulder blade.

Good luck!
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.