Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Physical Therapy Routine

Hey Everyone,

I have been perusing this section of the forums and I have seen different things but I guess I’m looking for something a little more specific. I am almost 7 weeks post op from an L5/S1 Discectomy/PLIF & Decompression. I am military and the base I am located at only has one P.T clinic. They have never dealt with a Spinal Fusion recovery before and this makes me extremely nervous. So I am trying to find routines that I can do on my own. I was hoping to find some like pamphlets or a mobile app or something lol. I have looked on the internet for a couple days now and there is a lot of information but it’s all so splotchy and different and nothing really address a PLIF recovery in particular. I feel and have read that this stage is kind of crucial in recovery and I want to do all I can without doing damage. I have never had an injury so severe and I have a tendency to push too hard. So I was wondering if anyone has a successful routine or any websites or information that may focus on the recovery of L5/S1 PLIF.

• I realize your post is already a month old and I trust you are recovering okay. I wish there was an app with exercises on it and maybe someday there will be one. I found exercises on this web site to be helpful and I do agree with you that finding appropriate exercises is, as you said, splotchy. Most helpful were the exercises from pt that were printed out for me to take home. Maybe your pt can consult with colleagues elsewhere for I know there is a data base they have access to in order to print out specific exercises. I found it very helpful to do pt exercises every day and when I met success at one level, the exercises were modified to give me a new challege. I hope you have found some help.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    , so you need to be patient in your recovery.

But in terms of ANY physical therapy or exercise, the only type you should even consider would be ones that your doctor recommend and approved.

Do not take anyone thoughts/ideas on what you could. do. That could spell big trouble for you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com