Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this normal?

I had a microdisectomy on my L5 S1 10 weeks ago. I now have VERY weak quads in fact I can not even contract my left quadricep muscle at all. When I walk my legs become heavy, weak and achy and have NOT improved. I have a follow up with my surgeon in October and was just going to wait and see about this leg thing. Any thoughts??

• YOu might want to give your surgeon office a jingle and let them know what is going on. My question is have they gotten weaker sense surgery? Did you begin a walking program right after surgery and have you kept it up? If not you should begin one, if you don't have one, google it and you can find many of them out there. My favorite is 10,000 steps. But if this is something that has gotten worse post surgery, give your surgeon's office a call, when in doubt call.
  • Weaker, yes. I used to be a marathon runner.