Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 level ACDF 6 weeks Post op

Hi all,

New to the board and finding it interesting to read how others are coping post op for ACDF's of varying levels.

Had mine 6 weeks ago, a hybrid. Replacement disc at C3/4 and cages at the two levels below that.
Legs are a bit weak and have constant 'lump in the throat' sensation.

I've had several lumbar spine ops, the last was L2/S1 revision April 2010 which has had good results. Had walking problems prior to this op so it's not a new problem. Muscles felt 'tight' in my legs and I had hyper reflexia so I think the weakness I now feel may be the result of the decompression.
Should have had my 6 week follow up this week but it was cancelled, now it's August 24th. My GP wrote asking for it to be brought forward but no go. Have started waterwalking exercises to boost my morale whilst I wait.

Would feel better if the new fusions had been x-rayed by now just to check all's ok but will have to wait.
Has anyone else had leg weakness from either lumbar or cervical problems?

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. congratulations on your surgery. i am sorry you are having some weakness problems.. the waterwaterwalking sounds like a good idea but i would be very careful and think about talking to your doctor before you go on with it.. have they given you a rehabilation schedule? be sure and make your next checkup. it is very important!! good luck to you! stop by anytime! Jenny