Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Inoperable Lumbar Spine

Hello my name is Rickey H. I am trying to get some medical Information about my Lumbar Spine I have been operated on 3 times in the past 1983-1991-2000. About 3 years ago I started having alot of pain and no feeling in my legs so I went to a Surgeon and he ordered a MRI of the Lumbar Spine with contrast after I returned to the Doctor and he set me down and showed me the pictures of my problems he said there was so much scar tissue that it was impossible to operate because he couldnt see where to start and there would be great risks of cutting into nerves our even my spinal fluid sack.Is there anyone on here that could give me some advise our the name of a surgeon who could help me because its getting worse and i,m afraid I wil end up in a wheel chair, I feel like I have been given a death sentence.Thank you Rick

• Welcome to the site. It would help if you said what area of the country, or world your from or are you willing to go anywhere?
  • Rick:

Current medicine borders on miraculous sometimes, so try to not get discouraged with the opinion of one surgeon. As Bkins recommended expand your search (Forum members can help if they know your location, etc.).

Many on this Forum have dealt with the negative effects of scar tissue. I feel confident that some of them will reply with more personal advice.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum.