Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kettamine Infusions Experience

I also have this post on the pain medications board and posted here to attempt to receive more feedback. Thanks all!

I had my Kettamine infusions this week Tuesday through Thursday for about 5 hours all three days. Most of us are probably aware of this treatment option which is undertaken to attempt to reset our synopses so lower doses of our pain meds work. My doc that did the infusions said some people get immediate results, others take a few days, and some do not respond at all. I think I am in the latter category as it takes the same amount of my meds to deal with my pain. The infusions were pretty tough emotionally and mentally by the third day of treatment. They use your height and weight to determe the amount of Kettamine to infuse initally, on the second day they double the amount and on the third day they went up another 20%. The third or last day I had some very strange and a bit scary dreams or hallucinations (sp?) which the doc said I should expect to have. She also said some people require multiple sets of Kettamine infusion to get any results.

I see my normal pain doc Monday and then the anesthesiologist that did the infusions in about 2 weeks for a follow up and to determine what to do next. I was really hoping the infusions would work for me as the only other option I have is to get the pain pump as I already have a spinal cord stimulator. After struggling with my pain for so many years, I finally agreed that I need to be on disability which I am very thankful to have available to me.

If anyone has had the infusions I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences.

• I have not had the Kattamine infusions but I must say that you are a much braver person than I am. I have read about this treatment and if I had a choise of having the Kattamine or a pain pump i would have chosen the pump.
    But I already have a pain pump implant and it's the very best thing I could have done for myself. I no longer have to take oral pain meds on a daily basis. Weather changes brings on a flare up and I have to take oral meds but the flare ups do not last over 24 hours. My pain pump has given me my life back. Every day I thank my lucky stars that I have this wonderful device that controles my brutal pain.
    I do hope the infusions works for you but if they do not having a pain pump implant is not bad at all.
    Best of luck to you and please do keep us updated.
    Patsy W