Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Angry with my Physio

I am so angry. My physio started me on a new exercise but the thing is I knew it was going to be hard but he insisted that I could do it. Im in full blown flare-up mode and I am mad!!! I stopped and called him told him I wouldnt be doing the exercise cause I was in bed suffering from severe pain in my neck to my left shoulder blade down my left arm and pain just about everywhere along with fever, numbness. The pain managed to make its way up to my jaw and ear which hurt for a few hours Owwie!! I got the swelling down with ice packs and feeling better for 2 days now so that pain is under control . Im having severe anxiety issues along with my allergies being triggered by all of whats happened so all that together adds to trying to catch a nice breath at times. I have a head ache, every single injury that I ever had has acted up on top of it all so along with my original aches and pains . Im now dealing with the old ones..LOL Im going through something new and i have been for awhile but now I can feel it badly and thats perimenopause. What a nightmare! The first couple of nights I think I was able to get about 2 hours of sleep and last night I finally was able to get 6 and 1/2 hrs of sleep HOORAY! That made me happy :). My left arm is killing me and without the ice packs it feels like it will explode. I dont feel like Im getting better (maybe its just cause Im going through the flare-up and upset that im saying this) but right now thats the way I feel and Im sticking to it. I noticed Im urinating quite a bit which is a new symptom when I flare up even just at a 6 level( every once in awhile that is). Im peaking at about an 8 right now but goes up to a 9-10 for an hour or so without any help from the meds and heating pad or ice packs. Im going to try and pull myself through by mostly using the ice packs and the heating pad they seem to work very good for me. The problem is that means I have to stay on my butt all day and boy does my butt feel sore right now. So much going on all at once. I forgot how bad these things were. I know Im being selfish seeing as I at least had a few good months without any major pain. Now keep in mind I have Chronic Pain so I am always in Pain just not as bad as this right now. I was handling the pain pretty good for the first few days and had it under control. But unfortunately I lost the battle due to exhaustion, it got the best of me. New symptoms have appeared and I dread it so I cry it out. I hope this doesnt last too long . My longest flare up was about several months almost a full year of pain. Im coming to a point where Im saying to myself once again. I cant do this anymore. I remember that terrible year it was the worst days of my life. I just needed somewhere to come just to share my grief ,my pain, to people who I know are going through the same if not worse. You know how hard it is to be positive 24/7 when battling in a war like this. Its ice pack time. I think I can go back and try again and get a hold of this Bull by the horns thing. I did want to ask a question. Can the pain cause the stomach to bloat? Any answers would dearly be appreciated. Love this Site and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thank You!

• Lili_InuLLili_Inu Posts: 633
    edited 08/22/2012 - 6:50 AM
    I feel your pain because I also live with pain everyday. I'm sorry that you physio is not listening to you and I would be just as angry! I'm still trying to get over my flare up from over a week ago due to a cold and then bronchitis. Do your allergies set the pain off to another level? Just curious because I'm getting allergy tested next week.

Keep up with the heat/ice and try not let the stress cause you more pain. I know it's easier said than done! I'm always under a lot of stress and trying my best to keep it at bay. The "I can't do it anymore" is always there for me, especially at night when the pain increases. The stomach bloating could be acid from the stress/pain? Sorry I am not sure, but I get stomach pain when my pain level is at it's highest. You are not alone! Gentle hugs and hope this time your flare up will be over soon. :-)
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • CinG46CCinG46 Posts: 15
    edited 08/22/2012 - 2:19 PM
    Yes my allergies do trigger the flare up and make it worse. My allergies are severe almost everything thats wrong with me is on a level of being very high. This time the flare up triggered the allergies so I believe. I think one thing will trigger another. Its the same for me its the nights that have me at my worst and where it has me saying the same thing. I cant do it anymore. I hope things turn out fine for you on the allergies cause its just one more thing we dont need that does trigger our flare ups. I think most people I know will agree that their allergies trigger the pain whether it be any kind of pain on any part of the body not just neck,shoulder or arms. I do notice when I eat? I seem to bloat and I did talk to my Dr today he believes it may be due to the perimenopause along with the pain together. he did tell me that yes the pain could cause bloating. so you are right. Im feeling a little better right now , I been told to go ahead and ice pack throughout the day without taking any breaks until I feel the pain come down. As long as I can keep the pain down the stress will stay down and so will my BP. Thank you for answering and I wish you all the best:)

Hugs and warm thoughts your way, get well soon!

This discussion has been closed.