Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Even here................I don't fit into any catagory.

What do you do, when you can't do, what you were born to do?

I'm tired............so very tired.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849
    what you were born to do, you find other things that you can do and do even better.

Many times, being tired is when you sort of give up on things.. Explore yourself, reach down into the talents you do have and can make work... Then being tired, might be a word you no longer know about.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • piggy44ppiggy44 Posts: 7
    edited 09/21/2012 - 10:04 AM
    What was I born to do? Ride a bike.............fast as hell.

I've already reached back and become a running and cycling intructor. However, since the last surgery on my neck..........I can't even do either anymore

I've been feeling broken............barely holding on. Each day is a fight.

It seems all the people that have come out on the good side of this fight get all the publicity. Everyone likes a heartwarming story. What about the rest of us????? I'm the guy that gets grief while parking in a handicapped parking space. Even though, I have a handicap placard.

Sometimes, it seems like I'm up against the proverbial 8 ball.

I'd give nearly anything to be normal...........healthy!
  • I agree, Most want to hear about the warm fuzzy story of some good that came out of something bad , I myself dont have a warm fuzzy good story as i suffer and life in pain sucks ass,
    Many of us fight day to day and try to find a purpose in life, I had to reach real deep for years now and some days come up empty,

But we always regroup and always find a purpose of finding something new to keep us going, I have learned to have much more respect then ever in my life for anyone with a disability when i run in to them either in the store or parking lot,
    I even stoped giving the midle finger to the elderly who drive in left lane doing 20 in a 45 mile zone !

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • There is no good answer. If you read around the boards you will find many of us, whom struggle each day to do something, that makes us feel a productive member of society or just even to say that you acompolished something for the day. Sometimes the best you have is a day in bed or even a few till the pain settles back, before you can begin to find something else. If your disability the only thing you can do is try new things and keep trying. Sure you might not ever work again, but you can find a hobbie that makes you feel good. In addition it helps to keep your mind focused on something else other than the pain. You might not be able to build Rome in a day, but you can find something that will absorb the time. I am not even sure how long you been at this, but the longer the go, the more you understand, what your limitations are and learn along the way some acceptance. But there is no perfect world. If your pain is never under control, you need to talk to your doctors so they can find you some relief, to allow you some time to work on whatever it is you like to do.

You will try somethings and think while I love this, but your body may not corporate to allow you to do it. which means we just have to keep looking for something else. One thing to keep in mind is your always going to have to take rest breaks. If your someone that get so involved you forget about time, set a timer, so you know when you need to lie down. The idea is to stop the pain before it is totally out of control and it takes days to recover, not just a two hour rest period.